Defenders of Stormwind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defenders of Stormwind Guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Links and Tutorials

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
henrikz

Links and Tutorials Empty
PostSubject: Links and Tutorials   Links and Tutorials EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:07 am

So i'm lazy, i'm just going to put up posts to Tankspot and other links that help for some Ulduar and ToC fights.
Some of these vids are for a 25 man fight, so some things will be slightly different to 10 man

Flame Leviathon Hard

XT Hard

Auriaya Encounter Here

Hodir Encounter Here
Hodir Hard

Iron Council Encounter Here
Iron Council Hard

Freya Encounter Here
Freya Hard

Throim Encounter Here
Thorim Hard

Mimiron Encounter Here
Mimiron Hard
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Links and Tutorials   Links and Tutorials EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 pm

ToC video links normal and hard modes

Northrend Beasts
The First Encounter is 3 waves of elites.
Nothrend Beasts Hard

Lord Jaraxxus
Second boss
Lord Jaraxxus Hard

Faction Champs
This is a encounter is an intense and luck of the draw encounter.
Faction Champs Hard

Twin Val'Kyrs
The forth boss
Twin Val'Kyrs Hard

Anub Arak
Final Boss
Anub Arak Hard
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Links and Tutorials   Links and Tutorials EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:38 am

sartharion 10 man with 3 drakes The zerg method.

By my calculations with the 3 drake buff, Sartharion will have approx 3.2 Million HP.
With the 2nd add joining the fight after 75 sec i think 80sec is the limit, which means raid dps of 41.3K dps.
With 1 tank, 1 healer and 8 dps getting the needed dps, all 8 dps ned to be doing 5.2K dps
I have not taken into account the damage done by the tank, and this might make it quicker.

sartharion 10 man with 3 drakes normal

Smile
Back to top Go down
Kata

Kata

PostSubject: Re: Links and Tutorials   Links and Tutorials EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Hard mode: Lose your Illusion

If the gauntlet team reaches Thorim within 2:45 min (6:15 on Heroic) of killing the adds in the entrance, the illusion of Thorim's wife Sif joins the fight. Additionally, Thorim gets +43% health and +67% damage compared to Normal Mode

While the increased damage is not a large deal, the additional HP make the fight longer, which means a substantially higher stack of Lightning Charged.

In hard mode, Thorim's Chain lightning is very dangerous to melee, so it is advisable to form 2-3 melee camps more than 8 yards from each other around the boss, as with Kel'Thuzad at 60.

Sif herself is unattackable. She has four abilities which when chained together can kill raid members very quickly.

Frostbolt Single: This does 11,000-13,000 Frost damage and is chain cast on random targets when Sif isn't casting anything else.
Frostbolt Volley: This is the same damage as her single target frostbolt and hits everyone in the room every 10-15 seconds.
Frost Nova: Sif frequently teleports to a random location starts a 2.5 sec cast of Frost Nova. It does high amounts of damage (13,000-15,000) so avoiding it by running away is paramount but not always possible due to the snares.
Blizzard: Much like Shade of Aran Sif conjures a Blizzard which orbits the centre of the room, making the centre 'safe'. It does 4,500 Frost damage every 2 seconds and snares targets by 50%.

Tips
Demoralizing Shout cuts the damage the tank receives from unbalancing strike by 40%.

Shadow priests can MC a Dark Rune Warbringer. Besides dealing high damage, they also give all nearby allies a permanent buff called "Aura of Celerity", increasing melee, ranged and spell haste by 20%

from http://www.wowwiki.com/Thorim_(tactics)
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Links and Tutorials   Links and Tutorials EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 7:09 pm

Since the frost seems to be doing such big damage, i might suggest that people might want to grab one piece of frost resist gear for this fight and Hodir Hard mode.
I know that frost resist can lower all your stats a little but gem and enchant them right and stats shouldn't decrease that much.
Back to top Go down
Frederisk

Frederisk

PostSubject: Re: Links and Tutorials   Links and Tutorials EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Kata wrote:

While the increased damage is not a large deal, the additional HP make the fight longer, which means a substantially higher stack of Lightning Charged.

This is where i think the issue is. For the dps to be where it needs to be, he must be under 5% once this hits 10 stacks, because the damage increase combined with the risk of unbalancing strike makes it hard to stay up as a tank, essentially i guess you would want to save all tanking cooldowns for this point and hope for some dodges/parries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Links and Tutorials   Links and Tutorials EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Hodir Hard: I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare

As i said, this is one of the easier hard modes in Ulduar, it does not need any major change to tactics, and there is no added HP or damage. Just a faster kill.

From what i have watched and read the more common write ups are as follows;

When the fight starts, free all four NPCs as quickly as possible, starting with the mage. The mage helps with the others, but when you first start off, getting them all out quickly is imperative. Since the group is range heavy, we try to get the Storm Power buff up on one of them quickly. Melee attempts to stay inside the light columns for the haste buff. We try to ge the toasty fire buff up on the Hunter, since he can stack it quickly. We blow Bloodlust once we have 4 storm power buffed DPS. Once the Flash Freeze hits, you only really need to free the mage NPC; she's pretty good about freeing the other NPCs.

This was a write up for a ranged heavy group, more often the not, we are not. So i gues what we should try is pulling Hodir back close to the fire, and try to keep in the light beams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Links and Tutorials   Links and Tutorials Empty

Back to top Go down

Links and Tutorials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Defenders of Stormwind :: Raid plannings-
Jump to: