Defenders of Stormwind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defenders of Stormwind Guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Raid requirements...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
itash
Admin
itash

Raid requirements... Empty
PostSubject: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:59 am

Below is a basic requriement for raiding.

1. Food, doesnt matter if its got buffs or not but you must have food and drink for the basics
2. Reagents
3. Please try and be on time
4. Repair money
5. Pots (health and/or mana)
6. Gear Score (reasonable for the raid)

Preferred
1. Food which gives your character class a buff + basic food and drink as well.
2. LOTS of Reagents
3. Be early (try to :-))
4. Lots of repair money.
5. Pots (health and/or mana)
6. Flasks (as noted by Niki)
7. ONLY RAID WITH GUILD!!! (If we are not raiding that dungeon or you didnt get in then all good, but not at the start of the raid cycle)
8. Gear Score (must be better for the area)

Loots rules
1. Main spec is first, which means if its cloth and a clothy wants it they get main spec, no pallies can over ride this unless it is agreed the gear will be a big upgrade, and agreed by both parties concerned.
2. Offspec is second i.e. pallies wanting cloth items.
3. Mains vs Alts * A main will get the gear over an alt as MS, then the item can go to and Alt. But I would like to add that the group must be okay with an alt coming in, and I personally dont want to see an alt rolling with OS mains.
4. MS 1 piece of gear per person * if someone rolls a MS item with 3 others and they win they get it, however the next roll only the other 3 can roll on the next item until everyone has something then we start all over again *

Raid Leading and Organising
1. Whoever the Raid Leader is to let them make the group as they see fit, if there is an issue of fairness vs. progression then please take this up with the Seniors of the guild in a whisper, or even whisper me and I will bring it up with them.
We all want to run and have fun, however we do not want time wasted wiping, it takes time out of our personal lives, so if a run is set for a reason then please understand this as progression can sometimes not be fair and will benefit the guild as a whole.

Feel free to add more to this thread :-)

Last edited by itash on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frederisk

Frederisk

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Sounds good Ash, i would also add that good Vent manners during our raids is a must. I like having a laugh as much as anybody but if the raid leader is explaining a fight there is no need to talk over them with your ideas/suggestions/rants about pallys being OP. I find the best way is to type out any suggestions in raid chat so the RL can address them at the end of the explanation without being inturrupted. This may seem obvious but during boss fights please dont start yapping on about how you didnt get heals/you didnt think standing in the fire would hurt (its not real life right?)/pallys are so OP! It can be very distracting during a fight and doesnt really help the rest of the group down the boss.

So everybody try to remember Pallys are O... no wait try again.

So everybody try to remember your Vent manners Smile
Back to top Go down
Nikita

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi all! Just sneaked in....

I would say that people should use flasks for newer content. I know the attitude is somewhat
casual, but if you are going to go after new bosses, or just to have a solid non-wiping raid,
folks should take every advantage that they can get.
Back to top Go down
itash
Admin
itash

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Whats everyones feeling on asking people for gear if they drop? I prefer that people can whisper once and once only for there offer, then they MUST NOT ask again.
Back to top Go down
Nikita

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:34 pm

"Whats everyones feeling on asking people for gear if they drop? I prefer that people can whisper once and once only for there offer, then they MUST NOT ask again."

I'm not sure what you mean....is this about people repeatedly pestering the raid leader about loot
or wanting some sort of priority on a drop?
Back to top Go down
itash
Admin
itash

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:36 pm

What I mean is that in the past people have won and item, and then got hounded by whispers from other people who want that item. These people then complain of the constant hounding to me.
Back to top Go down
Nikita

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:42 am

ah, well, you have loot rules for a reason. People win the items under the loot rules. If someone bothers a winner,
they are, technically, in violation of the loot rules.

It's fine, in the spirit of team, to talk about spreading loot around...but if someone is pushy, they should be told to
shut it.

Remember, loot, or something better, will drop again. A good guild is much more valuable.
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:38 pm

One thing that's not mentioned here is gear score.

Although gear score is not everything, knowing your class / Spec counts also, the first fight in Uld is based purely on gear score. Having said this, it's easier to get a Great gear score just from grinding the daily Heroic and a few Heroic instances. Also H ToC has some good 219 item level gear that drops.

Enchants do count, and there are a few enchanters in our guild who can nearly always help. As far as head and shoulder enchants go, they are rep based. Shoulders rep is with Sons of Hodir so everyone should try to get their rep to exalted as soon as they can.

I might be saying stuff that some of you know, but there are some that don't know these things. ask around or use wowhead.com, search the database for items to find out where the gear you need drops. If you are unsure about gear and stats you need, ask in guild chat and someone will try to help.
Every dps spec needs Hit Rating, Healing specs don't need hit but mp5 (mana per 5 sec) comes important and tanks need to get to a defense rating to approx 540. And resilience is a great pvp stat, but in the pve / raiding game, it's a near useless stat.

If you have any questions, post here or ask in game Smile
Cheers
Back to top Go down
mcveigh

mcveigh

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:56 am

Id like to see an addition of "Mains over Alts" as is coming more aware of late the number of alt 80's ppl have who buy all means would like to gear them a little which is fair enough more then happy to let them go on some runs or evan step aside for my spot and help as im sure everyone is, i just wouldn't like to see people's main toon miss out on an upgrade to an alt an i know as im typing this most would pass in a second to a main. but to save confusion i suggest ppl's alts roll as an off spec not with the main spec roll's.
I will be adding notes in guild page as to which person's toon is an alt to also help know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raid requirements...   Raid requirements... Empty

Back to top Go down

Raid requirements...
Page 1 of 1