Defenders of Stormwind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defenders of Stormwind Guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glory of the Hero

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Hey Guys,

Since Grinding Heroics has become fashionable again, and getting achievements is always fun, i thought i would start a thread with how some of us have done these, so everyone can get their own Red Proto-Drake.

Some of these have been down with really well geared guildies and some with Pugs.

Feel free to post the ways you have done some of these Achievements as well.

Enjoy Very Happy

Glory of the Hero Screen29
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Better off Dred

I have been in 3 different groups to do this, and done it 2 different ways.

The First way (which i found easier) we had 2 heals, a tank and 2 plate wearing dps.
When Dred was nice and close we pulled him and the first Gutripper, dps'd the add, then one of the plate dps grabbed the second add, the tank then got aggro, and then dps'd add down.Rinse & Repeat.

*note(the second time we tried it this way, i had just changed my spec from dps to heals but hadn't switched my gear over before the boss was pulled. So i had bugger all heals and bugger all dps... so it is possible to do this with one healer... and even just 4 man it)

The second way (which we survived thanks to a pallys lay hands on) was a little hectic.
Pull 3 Adds, dps them to 50% health, then pull Dred, finish the 3 adds off, then grab next 3 and smoke them down, then kill Dred. It's a little harder for the healer this way, as the tank is taking damage from dred and 3 adds. And if 1 or 2 other adds get pulled before the first lot are down it becomes very close.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Consumption Junction

We did this last night, Pally rank (Freddy), Warrior dps (Mcv), DK dps (Boxo) Boomy Druid, and a Feral Druid (me).

We cleared trash with the boomy being a healer, then re-speced at bottom for stairs to all dps.
Then Boxo, called "Army of Dead", pulled boss, the army tanked for the first 5 sec, until they died and we all went crazy with our dps and got him down in uner 29 sec. as a group you need to be doing 15K+ dps to do it this way. And also with no heals you need to do this quick otherwise you'll all die.

There is an way to do this with the party running out of LoS every 10-15 sec...
read the comments in the link if you want to try it that way.... i have only done it this way so i can't say if the other way is easier or works.

Glory of the Hero Screen14

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Defenseless

This one most of you should have.
If not then get a couple of guildies or just a good couple of pugs who know the fights, and then just do your thing

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Emerald Void

This one was also done last night, with Ruby Void and after a few wipes and figuring ourselves out, it was easy and kinda fun.

So we did this with 5 Amber Drakes and the fight was quite quick, less then 2 min.
Do it with Guildies and use vent, it'll make life much easier, and learn from our mistakes.

So with 5 Amber, you have high dps, time stops, no dodge and no heals.
The trash is easy, just burn them down in 2 seconds before they can do damage.

I suggest you decide on a "Time Stop" order before starting, and everyone knows how to dps properly with the Amber Drake (i thought i knew, but i didn't).
As soon as you engage boss the first Time Stop should be done, 4 of you should then Temporal Rift, while the 5th spams Shock Lance. As you cast Temporal Rift you will see Shock Charges stacking on the boss, when your stack reaches 10, then Shock Lance, then back to Temporal Rift.
When the Time Stop run's out the second person should wait a second or 2 and then stop time (this slight delay is to avoid everyone's time stop being on CD for a long period of time), and then everyone go back to dps. Runaway when he does his Planar Shift, just like in normal fight, and be ready to time stop when he comes back in range.

We were having problems with adds the first few times, but as soon as we got our dps figured out, and nuked him for word go, he didn't have time to summon any.

Hope this helps

ps: thanks to Freddy, Mcv, Box and Myro for nailing this one Smile

Glory of the Hero Screen11

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:05 pm

A Void Dance

Hey Guys,

This one is an easy one to get, But everyone needs to know that your going for it, as it's a little more difficult for the healers and different to the usual way to do this boss.
The normal strat is that anyone who gets the phase shift buff attacks the adds, for this achievement just nail Zuramat the Obliterator, ignoring all adds. If the fight goes on too long then you will wipe. i did this with a pug group, and i think we got him down in 45sec. and 1 dps died right at the end.
so like alot of these Glory to the Hero Achievements, Good, High dps is pretty much a must.

Glory of the Hero Screen15

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Abuse the ooze

Some good heals are pretty much a must for this, as it's a long-ish fight.
Normal group set up as always, This boss has an Aoe that dps should try to avoid, and there are 3 waves of adds, so dps boss slowly, down to 50% health. Down the first wave of dark iron dwarfs, then second wave of trogs then ooze starts coming, we had one dps on the left side kill the small ooze, so when they got to the middle, and merge they didn't overwhelm us. Wait for the ooze from the right to come in and merge then dps down. Kill 5 then kill boss.

Glory of the Hero Screen16

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Brann Spankin' New

I'll comment as best as i can, but this one seemed down to the tanks knowing what to do. Itash was Tanking this one, Was dropping Consercration Just at the bottom of the steps, and then we would dps them down.
The Achievement is not letting Brann take any damage, not just having him at full health. so no adds can get thru to him. So as long as there is some sort of AoE in the door way then Brann shouldn't get hit.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Chaos Theory

This is another harder one, and needs a good group. you need high dps, great tank, and lots of heals.
Our set up, once we got there and had clear all the trash (all the void mobs in the area, the nearest thing living should be the little tree things), was 1 tank, 2 healers and 2 dps. Start the boss as normal, on the top platform, when he channels himself into a rift, the whole group run to the bottom of the first ramp. The tank might stand up a little higher as to help them grab aggro when boss+ adds come. Dps boss hard, until he channels himself again, the we ran to the S/E (i think) peak, to maximum range, so when ever he channels the whole group moves. So it's basicly a kite job, with a bit of dps race thrown in, need the high dps to get him down faster, faster down means less damage and less chance of wipe. By the 3rd channels everyone is taking pretty decent, constant damage which is why the second healer is useful.

Glory of the Hero Screen17

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Experienced Drake Rider

Self explanatory, in 3 different runs, use a different type of drake, ruby, amber and emerald.

Glory of the Hero Screen18

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Good Grief

We one-shotted this one last night. Apart from high dps, the other part to the strat is to jump into the black void's when she cast's repentance. Although this does damage, it removes repentance, so jump in just before, then straight out, then continue to dps her hard.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Gotta Go!

Normal Group set up, Dps hard.
That simple.

Glory of the Hero Screen19

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Hadronox Denied

The way i have done this (being a Night Elf and having our racial trait "shadowmeld") is to get the rest of the group to stand on the opposite of the ramp that we run down, i then get to maximum range of my "Faerie Fire", cast it on the first mini boss, and then shadowmeld, resetting the boss. Then everyone should then run to the bottom, and as you get there the boss should be re-spawning. Tank and Spank. Watch out for a swarm of little adds that attack the boss that might be left there. The first time i did this there was about 20 so just jumped down the hole which leads to the 3rd boss, and the lose aggro. the last 2 times tho, there has only been 1-2 adds. so up to you weather you run or fight.

Glory of the Hero Screen20

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Intense Cold

This is an individual Achievement, i was the only person to get it in my group. I can only speak from a druid point of view, and this was easy for me. A druids shape-shift removes the frozen block, so i could just shape-shift every time i got frozen and then just kept jumping. As far as i know, if you have high enough dps, do get her down before she can cast. But it would need to be like Consumption Junction. I suggest you use any CD's you have that can remove the effect and hit her hard and fast. The quicker she goes down, the less chance she has to cast.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:56 pm

Kings Bane

I'm not sure about this achievement, i got it first time i tried the boss. not sure on tactic, i have been in several group that have gotten this. From what i have read it would seem you just don't attack when Banes active.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Less-rabi

This is Mcv's favorite. I got this a week ago with a pug, but have tried or several ocasions to get this with guildies with no joy.
When i did get this, we had the usual group set up, 1 tank, 3 dps, and a healer. just did max dps and every time he went to transform, i interupted him with maim, which only happened twice.

When we have been trying for this, we have gone full dps group, and assign 1 person for first interupt, and everyone spamming on the 2nd. But on the last 2 attempts we have had him cast it as he dies, (roughly 15 sec) , we spam interrupts, he goes down, and no achievement.

A few thinks come into play with this achievement, he has an ability that cause's him to cast faster the lower his heal gets. And from from our few attempts we have come noticed that he seems to be hard to interupt the lower health he gets (as in, he almost builds up an immunity). You will also want high dps for this and lots of interupts.

So far, from what i have noticed, there is no guaranteed, surefire, 100% way to do this. A little luck is involved.
Good Luck

Glory of the Hero Screen21

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:00 pm

Lightning Struck

Another easy one, most people can get this with a mostly geared group. When you enter the instance and start clearing mobs, take the ramp to the right that goes down, clear the trash and engage the boss down there. Take out the adds first, then all on boss. It's a nice simple achievement.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:00 pm

Lockdown!

This is just a matter of farming VH for a week or so. You have to kill all the boss's. Here's a quick guide to the easiest way to kill them all.

*Erekem; Kill the main guy first, not the adds, killing adds first will enrage the boss.

*Ichoron; When he splits, use the leavers that are around the room to kill the smaller ones. quickest way, and also and achievement

*Lavanthor; Tank and Spank.

*Moragg; Tank and Spank.

*Xevozz; Tank needs to pick up this guy, and kite him around the room, go up the stairs next to him, and keep moving clockwise around the room until he is down.

*Zuramat the Obliterator; one person will get a phase shift, that person is the only one who can see / attack adds, so if you get this phase shift, attack adds. This is NOT the A Void Dance Achievement.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Lodi Dodi We Love Skadi

This and the "My Girl Loves Skadi All The Time" Achievements can be done at the same time. Make sure everyone knows what your doing, then trigger the boss, and farm harpoons for a few minutes. I like being over cautious when i can so i like to have all 3 dps'ers get 4 harpoons each.. yes this take a few minutes, but it's easy to do. Once your dps's have the harpoons, run in to the room that had the previous boss and reset the encounter. As soon as The adds disappear, everyone then run down to the the hall the adds all run out from. Then one of you dps should go trigger boss, The tank will have a lot of adds on him , so healers should have Pre-cast HoTs on tank and be ready to load him up with more if needed. the adds go down quick with a few good AoE's and about the time the adds start dropping, the boss will come into range, the three dps should run to a harpoon launcher (one at each launcher), and fire off as many as they can (should be 3 each, even tho the boss should come down with only 4 hits). As soon as the boss lands, the tank has to pick him up as well. Dps is back on the Adds if any are left, then dps the boss. Run out of his whirlwind (you can't disarm this one) as the whirlwind moves and drops Aggro (i think). Down him hard and fast with some wicked dps. and smile for the screen shot.

Glory of the Hero Screen12

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:04 pm

Make It Count

OK, this achievement bugs if you wipe. We wiped and managed to do it in time with a wipe, twice.

The thing to remember is it's a timed run from when you kill the first boss. Before you start make sure everyone knows what drake they are using and how to use it.
After killing the first boss, fly straight up, and only kill the drakes you have to. After clearing the 2 platforms, start one edge of the circle, and the tank should run in to pull, rather then doing the LoS pull. And chain pull the mobs to get them down the fast like the mobs in CoS. Kill the drakes directly around the second boss, if you kill too many you waste time, not enough and you will wipe as they come to aid of the boss.
The 3rd boss can be downed before port's port in the fianl stage of the fight. leaving you with 8-5 min to down the last boss. The easiest way to down him has been 1 ruby Drake, 2 Amber drakes and 2 Emerald drakes.

Glory of the Hero Screen29

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:05 pm

My Girl loves Skadi All The Time

This and the "Lodi Dodi We Love Skadi" Achievements can be done at the same time. Make sure everyone knows what your doing, then trigger the boss, and farm harpoons for a few minutes. I like being over cautious when i can so i like to have all 3 dps'ers get 4 harpoons each.. yes this take a few minutes, but it's easy to do. Once your dps's have the harpoons, run in to the room that had the previous boss and reset the encounter. As soon as The adds disappear, everyone then run down to the the hall the adds all run out from. Then one of you dps should go trigger boss, The tank will have a lot of adds on him , so healers should have Pre-cast HoTs on tank and be ready to load him up with more if needed. the adds go down quick with a few good AoE's and about the time the adds start dropping, the boss will come into range, the three dps should run to a harpoon launcher (one at each launcher), and fire off as many as they can (should be 3 each, even tho the boss should come down with only 4 hits). As soon as the boss lands, the tank has to pick him up as well. Dps is back on the Adds if any are left, then dps the boss. Run out of his whirlwind (you can't disarm this one) as the whirlwind moves and drops Aggro (i think). Down him hard and fast with some wicked dps. and smile for the screen shot.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Oh Novos!

This achievement is with the 2nd boss, an easy one to complete. Most people get it when still gearing. Everyone go's to the steps, Tank stays at the bottom, and then a plate wearing dps or feral druid in bear form (even a hunter with a pet maybe) stand at the top within range of the healer who is standing in the middle. Then split up your dps, one with tank, and one with the other dps at the top. Adds come from both top and bottom, the adds up top are many, but they don't hit for much and except for 2, they are all non elites. The ones down the bottom don't come as often, but are elites and have more HP and can hit harder. so clean up the adds, then down the boss. If your having trouble with this achievement, i suggest getting a better group ( ask nicely in guild) as this is one of the easiest to get.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:08 pm

On The Rocks

This is the First boss in Utgarde Keep, Again everyone need sknow what to do.... or what Not to do.
During the fight Prince Keleseth will cast an ice tomb on a party member, which deals 8K damage over 20 sec, as well having a party member out for 20 sec.

High party dps for this means quick fight which means not as much chance to for him to cast. Single target the boss, and watch who gets the ice tomb on them. Anyone can get this, tank, healer or dps. if healer, then Tank should pop all CD's and pots he has, and dps might have to also. If a Dps gets ice tombed, then the healer should thorw a HoT on him, and if he's melee, then then tank should move the boss and group away from them so no accidental damage is done to the ice tomb. I the tank gets the ice tomb, then have a dedicated dps pick him up and hte healer should expect to have to do some hectic healing, and again the dpsing tank should move boss away from ice tomb.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Respect Your Elders

This was a harder one to get it took a few wipes for us to get it right. The final / working solution was to have 2 tanks, 1 healer 2 dps.

When you get to the room with the boss, he is standing near one end and we would gather at the other. The boss is immune while in range of the adds he spwans. It is not a LoS thing, it's a distance thing, first try we pulled the adds just outside the door but the boss was still immune.

Main Tank pulls boss, and brings him to the back where we all are, and the dps starts hitting him, while Off Tank moves back to other end of room. The first add come from that end and seemed easy enough for the OT to pick up. The second add popped up right next to him and the OT had to come down pick him up and drag them back to the other end. at this point, healers should minimize healing, as the boss is immune it becomes very easy to get Aggro. We had one of the dsp grab this second add and run him to the OT to make it a little easier and less immune time. I Think we got it on the 3rd attempt, but it was still one of the harder one to co-ordinate.

Glory of the Hero Screen22

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:10 pm

Ruby Void

This one was also done last night, with Emerald Void and after a few wipes and figuring ourselves out, it was easy and kinda fun.

So we did this with 5 Amber Drakes and the fight was quit quick, less then 2 min.
Do it with Guildies and use vent, it'll make life much easier. and learn from our mistakes.

So with 5 Amber, you have got high dps, time stops, no dodge and no heals.
the trash is easy, just burn them down in 2 seconds before they can do damage.

I suggest you decide on a "Time Stop" order before starting, and everyone knows how to dps properly with the Amber Drake (i thought i knew, but i didn't).
As soon as you engage boss the first Time Stop should be done, 4 of you should then Temporal Rift, while the 5th spams Shock Lance. As you cast Temporal Rift you will see Shock Charges stacking on the boss, when your stack reachs 10, then Shock Lance, then back to Temporal Rift.
When the Time Stop run's out the second person should wait a second or 2 and then stop time (this slight delay is to avoid everyones time stop being on CD for a long period of time), and then everyone go back to dps. Runaway when he does his Planar Shift, just like in normal fight, and be ready to time stop when he comes back in range.

We were having problems with adds the first few times, but as soon as we got our dps figured out, and nuked him for word go, he didn't have time to summon any.

Hope this helps

ps: thanks to Freddy, Mcv, Box and Myro for nailing this one Smile

Glory of the Hero Screen23

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glory of the Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero Empty

Back to top Go down

Glory of the Hero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum