Defenders of Stormwind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defenders of Stormwind Guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glory of the Hero

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
henrikz

Glory of the Hero - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Share The Love

This is not that hard, but it can take a while. You need 2 tanks, preferably 2 healers, and dps.

The tank should pull the boss back, and all stand near, but NO dps. He'll transform and impale some one. usually the healer.... he loves healers. then hopefully he'll impale the OT. He'll never impale the person with Aggro, so once the OT has been impaled, he should then take over tanking. then it's a matter of keeping everyone alive until he's impaled you all. He will have a favorite. that he will impale repeatedly. Just /y "weeeeee" and enjoy the ride.

Glory of the Hero - Page 2 Screen24

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:20 pm

Shatter Resistant

This an achievement for the second boss in Halls of Lightning. Normal group set up, and dps hard. Ignore the adds.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:21 pm

Snakes, Why'd It Have To Be Snakes

This one is mildly hard, and there are a few ways to set up for this one. If your running with a well geared group, then i suggest the quick easiest way, which is tank him where he stands, and down him fast.

If not then there is still a way to do this. Have the healer and dps stand at the top of the ramp that leads to the entrance, melee stand directly at the top of this ramp, with healers and casters at max range, bearing in mind that there can be LoS problems if you stand near the small fence thing. The Tank then pulls the boss, and runs like hell to the top of the ramp where the fight begins. You still need to get him done fairly fast, but the adds take 20 sec to get there after they are summoned.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Split Personality

This one is all about controlled dps. Everyone should press "v" as this will show the health bars of all 3 which should allow you to dps correctly. This is good practice for future fights, such as Freya. A decent Healer is Very helpful for this one as the whole group will be taking damage, and everyone will have aggro at some point. So dps should take their targets down to 10% keeping in mind any dots, then kill them all within the 5 sec. It's all about control and with a decent healer there is no huge rush. the damage is on everyone but a decent healer should be able to stay on top of it.

Glory of the Hero - Page 2 Screen25

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:26 pm

The Culling Of Time

Get your very own Bronze Drake. Fast Kills, Minimal looting and always be moving is the key to this one. The next mob is usually visible on the mini map, and you should always be moving to pick them up soon as you can. For a lesser geared Healer this can be hard as they might run out of mana and need to drink at some point, which can be hard as you are nearly constantly under attack by zombies. Your dps has to be smart, no pulling aggro off the tank, target what the tank targets, use the assist key "f" to do this.
Just keep moving. sometime you will get held up waiting for Arthus, but nothing you can do about this. in the last alley, chain pulls help. as long as the healer can keep up the heals. when you thru the last alley, Do NOT start the Malganis fight, run around to the left and take out the Infinite Corruptor. Achievement done.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:26 pm

The Incredible Hulk

This one is mildly hard. When engaging the this boss, one of the dps run of and Grabs an Abomination, pull it up to the group where he should be taken down to 30% health and then not hit. When Svala raises up in the air, and freeze's somone in position, take out the adds, then the dps with Aggro of the Abomination has to move in way of the sword, and draw the Abomination to be underneath the sword. The Abomination may hit this dps off the plat form and then run after him. so do not dps Svala much until you have the Achievement. If someone kills the Abomination before it can be killed by the sword, don't stress, there is a second one near by and keep trying.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:27 pm

The Party's Over

EDIT: This one has been or will be removed from the meta for the drake.

This one is easy enough to do, 4 man the second boss. I got this while gearing in a pug run, and a dps D/C right before this fight, so we waited, then booted and got the achievement. Just ask weather anyone has it and would like to leave group for 3 min while you get this achievement.

Glory of the Hero - Page 2 Screen26

Enjoy Very Happy

Last edited by henrikz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Timely Death

Another mildly hard one. Usually with this boss, it's a run in, run out fight. But to maximize on your dps, if you have good heals, everyone just stay in there and and hit him hard and the healer should just heal thru it.
Without good heals, you will need Great dps, and everyone to run in and out to avoid dying... you can't dps when dead.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Volazj's Quick Demise

I can tell you what i know of this fight, i was dps and not sure what happened while i was still fighting the images. I did this with a well geared group and not sure weather the warrior did the "spell Reflect" that some other strats suggest. So as far as i can tell, we Just Zerg'd him and and the adds.

Glory of the Hero - Page 2 Screen27

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:36 pm

Volunteer Work

So the basis of this fight is you have kill the volunteers before they can sacrifice themselves and make Jedoga stronger. So let them sacrifice, let the boss enrage, watch the AoE she does and dsp hard. Another thats harder for the healers, and there's a chance a dps might go down, as the tank is taking a fair bit of damage.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Watch Him Die

This is Hard. Be prepared to wipe a few times before you get it... and even wipe if you do get it.

I have been in 3 different groups and slightly different setups and tried 2 different Strats, but only one has worked for me.
Strat 1; The Zerg! you need a pally tank, 3 high dps (3K+ each) and a shammy's heroism helps. The tank runs in pulls all 3 watchers and the 6 smaller guys. He then runs to the instance portal and stays alive aslong as possible using all CD's. You then need a plate wearing dps to OT the boss to get him down before the pally dies. Krik'thir has 151 K HP, and roughly 15 - 20 sec to do this, so 3 dps doing 4-5K dps, or 4 dps doing 3-4K dps. Once he goes down, and the tank is down, the watchers will come and wipe out the group.

Strat 2; The Hard Slog. i tried this a few times and was very close to getting it the last time, but i have heard of others doing it this way. This needs a well geared tank, and also a well geared healer. Pull the watchers and mobs one at a time, single targeting the smaller ones, but not hitting the watcher. This is a harder way i have found, with lots of poison to dispel, web wraps and charges to worry about. The tank also has a hard job, keeping aggro without doing damage (i got doing it this way one time, but the damage done to the watcher to keep aggro killed him seconds before we got Krik'thir down.

Good Luck

Glory of the Hero - Page 2 Screen28

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:38 pm

What The Eck?

After downing then 3rd Boss in gundrak, a door at the back of the room opens up, Go kill Eck. While killing Eck, he will spit out a residue over party members. Just try to get some on you, slow your dps, until everyone is covered. Then go one shot Gal'darah.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henrikz

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Zombiefest!

This is a fun one to get. It's all about getting set up. Do the first 9 waves like normal, but when it's time for the 2nd boss, everyone should go into the inn where the start of the second phase begins. The tank should pull the boss in here as well. No zombies will re-spawn in this first area once the boss goes down, so don't start dps on the boss until the zombies that got pull with the boss have re-spawned. once they have re-spawned, down the boss, and wait for arthus to make his way to the inn to start the second phase. do the second phase as normal and down the 3rd boss.
After 3rd boss is down, split up the group, we have Mcv and myself (healing) go back to the inn entrance, and then mcv ran around and aggro'd all the zombies in the first area... i gave him 7 sec head start so i didn't pull aggro off any of the slow zombies, then when they were all grouped, he did a big Aoe i threw a few heals on him, and that was about 88/100 zombies down.. a this point the other group which is at the start of the final alley then ran out and killed the last 20 or so zombie.

Glory of the Hero - Page 2 Screen13

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glory of the Hero   Glory of the Hero - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Glory of the Hero
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Defenders of Stormwind :: Tutorials-
Jump to: